Autism Ontario is playing a key role in offering orientation and system navigation supports to families who are accessing or interested in accessing the new Ontario Autism Program (OAP). Autism Ontario will offer direct supports to families through the OAP Service Navigation Program to:
- Help families understand the new Ontario Autism Program and the services available to purchase with their Childhood Budgets;
- Find qualified providers;
- Support families in navigating autism services, including helping them find local services and supports in their communities;
- Provide access to parent resources and webinars; and
- Provide opportunities for families to connect with each other at events, including through peer-to-peer mentoring and social learning opportunities for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Through this new program, Autism Ontario will provide navigation support and information to families through workshops, training sessions and individual direct support.
Families will have access to Service Navigators who can provide information about the Ontario Autism Program and help connect families to service providers and resources available in their local communities. This will include programs, services and resources that families can purchase with their Childhood Budgets, as well as other services and supports available locally.
Autism Ontario’s Service Navigators will not provide families with service planning, case management, clinical support, behavioural services, or one-on-one parent coaching.
If you are a family who is accessing or interested in accessing the new Ontario Autism Program, you can register to connect with our Service Navigators or contact Autism Ontario staff at 1-800-472-7789 if you have questions such as:
- Where can I find help to complete and submit the required documentation to apply for a Childhood Budget?
- What supports and services can I purchase with my Childhood Budget?
- How can I find and select a qualified service provider?
- Where can I find help to complete and submit the required documentation to reconcile invoices?
- What supports are available for my child in my local community?
Autism Ontario will not be involved in registration, intake, waitlist management, determining eligibility for OAP Childhood Budgets, funding distribution or reconciliation for the Ontario Autism Program. If you require assistance with these areas, please email the ministry’s Central Intake and Registration team at: email@example.com or call 1-888-444-4530.